Please note: The January 18 workshop is now closed to new participants, but if you want to join a mailing list for our next workshop, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on January 18 starting at 6:30 p.m. for a memoir development workshop that will encourage and inspire your writing.
This 90-minute workshop, led by memoirist Julie Morrison and Soulstice publisher Julie Hammonds, will include four sections:
- tips for telling your story from one writer’s point of view;
- a publisher’s perspective on how she selects stories and develops them into books;
- a behind-the-scenes recounting of how Morrison’s Barbed: A Memoir became a published book (from the story draft to the bookstore shelf);
- an interactive question-and-answer session in which participants can ask for advice and next steps for your own memoir.
90 minutes, 4 sections, 2 Julies, 1 copy of Barbed: $49.95
Once you sign up:
- Soulstice will send you a copy of Barbed: A Memoir, which will serve as the session’s textbook. Reading it is encouraged(!) and will help you get the most from this workshop, but if time does not permit a full read, please flip through it enough to be familiar with its narrative style and plot structure.
- Soulstice will also send you an email with a pre-workshop survey that will allow the workshop leaders to get to know you and your writing better. Filling it out will help us focus on your questions, so please tell us about your interests!
If you’re an aspiring or interested memoirist age 18 or older, please join us! No writing experience or manuscript required. Ideas and questions welcome!
(This session is information only, and not an event fielding queries for publication, though Soulstice is accepting submissions. To learn more about becoming a Soulstice author, please visit here.)